Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Democratic National Convention: Part II

Michelle Obama's speech Monday night should have been one of inspiration, but the only thing she really inspired me to do was wonder what the hell her point was, other than she loves her husband. Duh. This is not about you, it's about Barack. I am a full supporter of Barack Obama and I think Michelle is a force to be reckoned with, but come on with the "I love my husband, I love my country." You're supposed to love your husband and your country, especially if your beloved husband is running for the most powerful office in the free world. I thought her speech was generic and boring. I found myself drifting away thinking about what was going to wear the next day or how many days I had before I had to do laundry again. Not very riveting.


Hillary Clinton's speech last night, on the other hand, was phenomenal. I think she hit this one way out of the park. I was a stanch supporter of Hillary's during the first months leading up to the primary, but as time wore on her campaign began a negative downturn that turned me way off. I don't like negative campaigns at all. I think they're pointless and steer the people on the wrong direction. While Barack's campaign absolutely responded to the negativity, I don't think they ever initiated it. Notwithstanding the past rivalry of Barack and Hillary, her message was clear last night: Unite the Party. And, to make certain that McCain is not the next King George..."No way, no how, no McCain!" She friggin nailed it! Behind the scenes, the Obama/Hillary camps may not get along as well as they may want the rest of us to believe, but her sincerity to unite the party and get behind Barack was clear. I believe Hillary will be back in 2012, guns blazing. Bring it, sisterhood of the traveling pantsuits!

No comments: