Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's so simple...

Lately, I've been a little concerned, and frankly irritated, about some drama surrounding (but not directly including) me. I had a detailed blog written about compassion, kindness and judgment; something to help cleanse me of my agitation and to aid me in my quest to stop judging others so harshly myself. I deleted it as soon as I came across this...

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness." -His Holiness the Dalai Lama

I am not a religious person and I guess you could put me into the category of agnostic. However, this message touched me. It's something I needed to remind me of my own life philosophy that has been my constant for a long time and that is, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." It's a very simple, near childlike point of view, but it's effective and I'm a much happier, more fulfilled person as a result of following it.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the most profound.

3 comments:

Jane Dough said...

I found this quote...it has deep meaning too.

"Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have."

That is all.

Jason Harx said...

Drama is the one problem that will go away if you just ignore it.

Azura said...

Agreed. So far, so good.