I have many (a few) updates. I will convey them in the most efficient and Type A way I know, a list (you all know how much I love lists):
1. I am still afoot. And, even though I heart not having a car, I know I must procure one at some point in the very near future. Mind you, my GAP insurance company is still "processing" my claim. My accident was over two months ago; get off the pot SafeGuard. When it's finally wrapped up in the next week or two and my auto loan is paid off completely, I will diligently start looking. My dad and uncle have been scouring car auctions in Texarkana, but there is very little to be had. I'm very anti-car payment because of the minimal amount of driving I have to do. I work, live and school within a 4-block radius. It's rad. But, I can't find anything I can pay cash for that isn't junk. I don't have that much cash to throw at it. Financing appears to be a must. Bleh. Even though I do enjoy having such a fine-looking chauffeur, I want to go shoe shopping.
2. Saturday is moving day, of sorts. I'm about 99% finished packing, just some crystal left in the kitchen to bubble wrap and a few other things. It will be tight for a couple of weeks before the new place is ready, but will be worth it. Literally, half of the new space is floor-to-ceiling windows and a truly amazing view of downtown. This will be a remarkable and wonderful adventure for us both. A stock the bar party will ensue probably sometime in October. Write that down. (Side note: The Dallas Public Library (8 stories of literary orgasm) is about 3 blocks from the new loft.)
3. Yesterday was my first day of class. I'm in love with school all over again. This is going to be a bad ass program and I feel like I'm going to do really well. I've been in the legal industry for 8 years, and that will only help me along. As luck would have it, it's the only ABA approved program in DFW and it's 3 blocks from my office and new loft. Word. It's retarded cheap, so I'm able to pay cash for everything, including books. Hello, tax write off. 30 hours to go.
4. My knee is still giving me trouble. I twisted it about a month ago on a hash trail when I tumbled down a hill. The hill won. I didn't take care of it properly for the first week because it didn't feel injured after a day or two, and it's just gotten steadily worse ever since. After sitting in class for 2 hours last night, sans brace, I was walking to the train and a horrible hot-needle pain was assaulting my calf. I made it home, barely, and collapsed on the bed. I couldn't help but cry. It hurt. Dave put some ice on it, poured me a Stella and nuked the pizza he'd saved for me for dinner. All better. (Side note: My attempt at running, not walking, the Oktoberfest 5K in September and Race for the Cure 5K in October may be compromised. Sad face.)
5. Football season is upon us. Yes! Dave and I are going to the Arkansas v. A&M game at the new Cowboy Stadium in October. One of my dearest and her husband will also be coming down from Arkansas for the big game. It will be a highlight of this football season, for sure, and probably the only Arkansas game I'm going to be able to attend. Unfortunately, he and I had a deal that whomever secured tickets to this game first got to decide which side we were to be seated. Guess who got the tickets first? Yeah, not me. Guess where we're sitting? Yeah, not on my side. However, I will still be decked out in my Razorback garb whilst sitting among throngs of A&M fans. Please, please let us not suck. Please.
6. I'll be 30 in a couple months. We'll talk about that later.