Thursday, September 25, 2008

3:45 a.m.

Maddi: Aunt Melissa, you'd tell me if you were a werewolf, wouldn't you?

Me: Of course, Maddi. What's the matter?

Maddi: I had a dream about werewolves, so I came in here to sleep with you. I'm just checking to make sure it's safe.

Me: Ok, Maddi. Everything is ok. Go to sleep.

Maddi: Is mommy a werewolf?

Me: Not as far as I know. (*stupid answer*)

Maddi: How far is that?

Me: She's not a werewolf, sweetie. Let's go to sleep.

Maddi: Is Sammy (their dog) a werewolf?

Me: Oh Maddi, no one in this house is a werewolf. I promise. Have I ever broken a promise to you?

Maddi: No. But, Sammy bites me when I pick him up sometimes...and...maybe he IS a werewolf in disguise..........

I can't remember the rest of the conversation, I dozed off. Maddi was sound asleep in mommy werewolf's bed this morning. I heart her.

No comments: