Tuesday, September 2, 2008

No glove, no love...

I heard on the news this morning that Gov. Sarah Palin's, the next potential vice-president (Lord, help us if that comes to fruition), daughter, 17-year-old Bristol, is KNOCKED UP. Wow. And, has been for 5 months. Really, how does a severe right-wing conservative Evangelical Christian folk hero have a 17-year-old pregnant daughter? My theory is she told her daughter to abstain from sex instead of showing her how to be safe about sex. I agree that teenagers should not have sex. Been there, done that and it wasn't that great. I think most of us can agree on that. But, to actually delude yourself into thinking that teens with raging hormones (you remember, I know you do) aren't going to have sex simply because you tell them not to is utterly naive and, quite frankly, really stupid. Maybe if little Bristol would have been more educated about sex, or perhaps been on BC, she wouldn't be a teen mom. All I can say is good luck, you will need it, sister.

No comments: