Friday, November 14, 2008

Bushisms

As much as we're going to miss George W. Bush when he leaves office January 20th, we're going to miss his misuse of the English language and the SNL skits of his fumblings even more. Here are a few "Bushisms" to keep you warm.

"I'm conservative, but I'm not a nut about it."

"As Luce reminded me, he said, without data, without facts, without information, the discussions about public education mean that a person is just another opinion." - September 9, 2003

"We are ready for any unforeseen event which may or may not happen."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again." - September 17, 2002

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children."

"A lame duck session, for people who don't know what that means, it means the Senate is coming and the House is coming back between now and Christmas and they've got a few days to get some big things done." - November 7, 2002

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose, "You disarm, or we will." - October 5, 2002

"Whether or not it needed to happen, I'm still convinced it needed to happen." [explaining why he sent U.S. troops into Iraq] - December 12, 2005

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."

"Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their, their love with women all across this country."

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"If you find a neighbor in need, you're responsible for serving that neighbor in need, you're responsible for loving a neighbor just like you'd like to love yourself." - November 16, 2002

"We cannot let terrorists hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile."

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves." - September 21, 2003

"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"

"The administration I'll bring is a group of men and women who are focused on what's best for America, honest men and women, decent men and women, women who will see service to our country as a great privilege and who will not stain the house."

"In my sentences I go where no man has gone before."

No comments: