Monday, November 3, 2008

Thoughts on turning 29...

I am coming to grips with the reality that in about a week I will observe the last birthday of my twenties. What do I have to say about this? Bring.....it.....on. I'm ready for the next step. Those good genes that were passed down to me have helped me hang on to my youthful features. I, of course, have a few gray hairs and I can see the early stages of crow's feet. They are something to be endured. And, as Truvy would say, "Honey, time marches on, and sooner or later you'll realize it's marching across your face."

But, with age comes wisdom. I have learned a great deal during my twenties....

1. My parents are not clueless.
2. I'd rather learn things the hard way.
3. I prefer living alone.
4. The real world has its perks.
5. I love passionately and with my whole heart.
6. It's easy to become cynical, I must fight the urge.
7. I'm glad I paid attention in class.
8. I wish everyone could have a parent like my Daddy.
9. I'm loyal.
10. I'm exceptionally stubborn.
11. Beer is an acquired taste.
12. So is coffee.
13. I love them both.
14. I can count on a handful of people to be there forever.
15. I'm liberal.
16. I'm pro-choice.
17. I do not want to be rich.
18. Marriage is not the obvious next step.
19. My moral compass is almost always pointed north.
20. Politics intrigue me endlessly.
21. I could live off of Starbucks.
22. Few things are more beautiful than seeing a great artist's original work.
23. I want to be a mother.
24. I love my job and I'm good at it.
25. I'm a sucker for nineteenth century English literature.
26. I'm an impatient driver.
27. I despise going to bed angry.
28. I loathe techno and speed metal.
29. I'm addicted to NPR.

No comments: